Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mellocreme Pumpkin Love

Happy Halloween!

Halloween brings visions of candy corn. Now, they say people have either a love or hate relationship with candy corn. This doesn't apply to me. I have a 'meh' relationship with candy corn. I eat it, I like it, but I don't buy it for myself.

Mellocreme pumpkins, on the other hand, are a different story.


I'm almost ashamed to admit how much I look forward to these sugary morsels each year. Yes, they are far too sweet. But to me, it's about more than taste. Mellocreme pumpkins indicate the change of the season. Fall is my absolute favorite season, so this is quite welcome. I think the pumpkins are perfect for Halloween through Thanksgiving, though most people don't associate them with the latter.

I love the mellocreme pumpkin, and I love eating them. Heck, they get a straight up 10.

But are they truly that tasty? Well, I have to be honest with myself this year. No, they are not. I'd probably give them a 5 or 6. I know this because I have 'meh' feelings toward mellocremes that aren't orange pumpkins. I don't love mellocremes in the form of Valentine hearts or Christmas trees. I know they are all the same, but in my head, the pumpkins are 10 times better.

I love the mellocreme pumpkin because of what is represents to me: fall and the upcoming holidays. And I'm okay with that. I won't be ashamed anymore!

Rating: Priceless.

No comments: