Sunday, December 9, 2007

'Tis NOT the season for eggs.

I recently covered the Cadbury Ornament Creme Egg for Sugar Savvy. I personally think it's a cop-out, but I can forgive that. At least they are trying to disguise it as a Christmas product.

Then this weekend I found myself in Walgreens, where I noticed a display of Cadbury Orange Creme Eggs. There was nothing ornamenty or Christmasy about them. I found this odd, but brushed it off. Then I noticed a display of plain old Cadbury Creme Eggs in their regular Easter garb. This just didn't seem right. Were they introducing these year-round or were they really putting out Easter products this early? Shaking my head, I proceeded to the checkout counter (with no Cadbury eggs in hand, mind you). To my horror, next to the gum was a display of Snickers Sport Eggs.

Since when are we putting out Easter candy before Christmas? It's bad enough that Christmas candy makes it's appearance the day after Halloween. But we've still got Christmas and Valentine's to get through before Easter. I don't understand the need to rush into these things.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I the only one?

1 comment:

Cakespy said...

Hmm, I guess oranges are kind of holiday-y? Still, it just doesn't feel right to me either!!